Accounts Receivable Specialist
Location: RFG Corporate Rancho Cordova, CA
To manage and maintain the company’s Accounts Receivables including resolving billing issues, working with vendors to obtain documents, and researching discrepancies.
- Review and reconcile various documents in the Billing queue, creating credit and debit memos as needed
- Releasing vendor payables as items are reconciled and meet payment criteria
- Create repayment requests, submit to customer and follow-up until resolution is reached
- Identify and work with management to resolve recurring receivable issues related to item setup or translation, pricing, receiving, etc.
- Weekly reporting on outstanding receivables
- Work with vendors and freight carriers to obtain receiving & billing documents
- Monitor A/R aging and contact customers, as needed, to determine and resolve billing issues.
- Processing Freight Claims
- Auditing short sheets to verify billing accuracy
- Create and develop various spreadsheets to track statues of invoices
- Billing of weekly freight charges for various customers
- Other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Accounting software — Fund accounting software ; Intuit QuickBooks ; Sage 50 Accounting; Tax software
- Data base user interface and query software — Data entry software ; Microsoft Access ; Sage 100 Contractor; Yardi
- Mathematics — using mathematics to solve problems.
- Active listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking — talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Mathematical Reasoning — the ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
- Near Vision — the ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Written Comprehension — the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- AA Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- 10-key by touch
- General knowledge of GAAP
- Professional oral & written communication skills
- Keen business acumen
- Problem solving skills
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Traditional office environment
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.