Assistant Operations Manager
Location: GH Foods Clackamas, OR
Responsible for the safe operation and handling of their assigned machine and meeting daily production goals and requirements by performing the following duties.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of raw product and packaging to meet production needs. Rotate stock as required.
- Assist in scheduling plant staff based on production demands.
- Supervise production crews and perform evaluations as necessary.
- Conduct training and safety meetings as necessary.
- Work with Plant Manager to ensure that production goals are met, including efficiency, hours, cost, and safety.
- Ensure all equipment is safe and operating status. Ensures that any issues are addressed and corrected in a timely manner.
- Supervise and ensure that product is ready for scheduled deliveries.
- Perform other duties as directed by Plant and Operation Managers.
Direct supervision over operational positions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Microsoft Dynamics ; NetSuite ERP ; Oracle PeopleSoft ; SAP
- Operating system software — Apple macOS ; Job control language JCL ; Microsoft Windows ; Oracle Solaris
- Active listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination — adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking — talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity — the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Speech Clarity — the ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Written Comprehension — the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- High School diploma required.
- Previous supervisory experience
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal time in cold working environment (approx.. 37F)
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.