Location: GH Foods Houston, TX
Renaissance Food Group is a fresh food company with a mission to create fresh, healthy, good food. Headquartered in Rancho Cordova, CA with four company-owned fresh food facilities located in Sacramento and Riverside, CA; Houston, TX; and Green Cove Springs, FL, we proudly handcraft our Garden Highway branded products on a made-to-order production model. At Renaissance Food Group, we pride ourselves on employee retention by investing in our team members through opportunities for advancement and individual growth. We believe the key to our recipe for success lies within our people, and strive to empower passionate individuals who share the same sense of family, dedication, and pride.
Maintain targeted service and inventory levels for produce in all or a group of warehouses. Responsibilities to include analyzing, forecasting and procurement of goods to support promotional, ad sales and maintaining warehouse service level targets on a daily basis. Analyze and resolve other routine issues and problems specific to their assigned warehouse.
- Responsible for forecasting and procuring produce and maintaining acceptable service and replenishment inventory levels. Approve and issue purchase orders to the commodities buying group for produce procurement.
- Build trucks to ensure compatibility and quality of goods, ensure scheduling and loading of the truck from the growers and optimize trucking costs.
- Maintain all firm orders –review changes and releases. Provide analysis on demands and service levels and reconcile warehouse receiving.
- Manage working capital efficiently – for example, minimize aged inventory and promotional overstock. Collaborate with Consumer Demand to issue Return to Vendor, Dump/Donate, or Reduce Price to eliminate excess inventory. Authorized to transfer inventory between warehouses to sell excess inventory.
- Manage new item ordering process to insure speed to market. Issue purchase orders to support new item introduction in a timely manner while minimizing supply chain costs.
- Interact with division warehouses to resolve issues with management of shipping and/or receiving exceptions. Resolve issues related to shipments rejected by QA at the warehouse.
- May manage vendor relationships with integrated product suppliers (e.g. packaged salads) and issue P.Os to vendors.
- Entry level buying position. Expected to learn the fundamental skills and become proficient in buying: inventory management, promo forecasting, event analysis, item/vendor maintenance.
Dual Reporting Structure; This position will have direct reporting to the RFG VP or sales. This position will be based at clients purchasing center. As such, there will be indirect responsibilities to comply with site requirements and follow direction of site management.
Confidentiality Agreement; This position will require separate confidentiality agreements with both RFG and the client.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Electronic mail software — Email software; Microsoft Outlook
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Biztrak Business Solutions Biztrak; JDA Software Group Assortment Planning by Arthur; Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne ; Sage ERP Accpac
- Materials requirements planning logistics and supply chain software — Infor Supply Chain Management; Kliger-Weiss Infosystems; Materials requirement planning MRP software; Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise Supply Planning Multi-Site Material Planner
- Point of sale POS software — Millennium Software Atrex; Plexis Software Plexis POS; Specialized Business Solutions Keystroke POS; Windward Software Windward System Five
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel
- Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Persuasion — Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- High School diploma required.
- College Degree in General Business or Supply Chain Management required or can demonstrate equivalent experience.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience – Store, retail or warehouse buying or merchandising experience preferred.
- Produce experience is preferred.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal time in cold working environment (approx.. 37F)
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs}
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.
Note to Recruiters and Third Party Placement Agencies:
Renaissance Food Group will not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any RFG employee. RFG will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of RFG and will be processed accordingly.