Customer Service Representative
Location: RFG Corporate Rancho Cordova, CA
The CSR will provide administrative support to the customers of the company. The main responsibilities are handling orders as well as any other needs or concerns of the customer. This position also provides organizational support and is responsible for a variety of other tasks.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Identifying, maintaining, and assessing customer’s needs to ensure the utmost customer service satisfaction.
- Partners with the sales team to meet and exceed the customer’s expectations and build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication
- Address all customer concerns to resolution or escalate to appropriate manager for concerns that are unable to be resolved.
- Electronically filing all appropriate documents into our paperless program
- Serving as the liaison for all transportation communication between the manufacturing facility and customer.
- Daily processing of Purchase Orders and sending Bills of Lading to the respective manufacturing facilities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Uses telephones to reach out to customers/buyers and will support answering incoming calls as needed
- Clerical Support to Office Managers
- Works closely with Accounting department to resolve any billing issues
- Occasionally handles consumer complaints
- Effectively manages large amounts of incoming calls on the office phone system, responds to direct requests for information and/or forwards messages to appropriate staff.
- Orders office supplies and tracks inventory of office supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Customer Service Manager
Qualifications and Education Requirements
This job does not have direct supervision over any positions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral Communication – Speaks and understands so as to follow directions and get clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability – Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Works a schedule to ensure that warehouse goals and responsibilities are executed. Follows company procedures when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience Level, Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- High School diploma required
- Must have some experience and skilled in the use of programs such as MS Word and Excel
- Minimum one year office customer service/administrative support experience is preferred.
- Some college preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills (oral and written) and the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and working under pressure.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Intermediate computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Ability to read computer generated reports.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
None required for this position
Other Skills and Abilities:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job has minimal hazards consistent with a traditional office environment.
Note to Recruiters and Third Party Placement Agencies:
Renaissance Food Group will not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any RFG employee. RFG will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of RFG and will be processed accordingly.