Location: GH Foods Houston, TX
This position will manage the Garden Highway facilities to ensure all goals and procedures of the company are maintained. This position also manages the maintenance department of the facility. Responsible for a broad range of facility and operating requirements including project management, environmental and regulatory compliance, and capital project development. Responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of machinery and fixtures for the entire facility. Will require assistance on the floor as necessary to ensure smooth production flow at all times. Maintenance will be done in preventative and repair format as well as new equipment installations or modifications. Must have working knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory compliance as well as Experience with Ammonia Systems.
Persons in this position will perform their duties in compliance with company rules including but not limited to rules regarding; Lock Out/Tag Out, Confined Space, Chemical Handling, Tool Usage, PPE, etc.
- Identify, develop and execute capital and/or plant improvement projects
- Work closely with RFG engineering for support throughout all phases of projects’ lifecycle
- Perform compliance reporting, manage compliance-related activities
- Ensure all company maintenance goals and procedures are adhered to
- Develop and maintain preventative maintenance schedule for company equipment.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance to company safety policies, company HACCP, and food safety rules.
- Record Keeping of maintenance performance and training.
- Facilitate plant safety through training and meetings
- Plant maintenance staff meet company training requirements
- Develop and maintain budget plan for capital improvements and maintenance Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Install equipment to improve the energy or operational efficiency.
- Train or manage maintenance personnel or subcontractors.
- Align and balance new equipment after installation.
- Estimate costs to repair machinery, equipment, or building structures
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions
- Computer—Microsoft Office
- Active listening — giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination — adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Speaking — talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing — communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Instructing — Teaching others how to do something.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
- Coordination — adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Management of Material Resources— Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work
- Management of Financial Resources— Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures
- Systems Analysis — Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- High School diploma required.
- Four year degree preferred or experience in other relevant discipline or field acceptable.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal time in cold working environment (approx.. 37F)
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility:
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness
Note to Recruiters and Third Party Placement Agencies:
Renaissance Food Group will not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any RFG employee. RFG will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of RFG and will be processed accordingly.