Field Sales Representative-Midwest
Location: RFG Corporate Remote
The position of Field Sales Representative is responsible for the support of all RFG items. This person will have daily interaction with the Field Sales Director, Director of Sales, VP of Sales, Store Associates and Broker. Additionally, this position will assist the liaison between all parties (Stores, Production Plants, Quality, Logistics and Broker), providing incessant communication.
- Help ensure that Fresh Kitchen Items (Produce and Deli) are 100 percent successful. This will be accomplished by coordinating daily interaction with Store Manager, Produce Manager, Deli Manager, DSD-NEX receiver, Plant personnel and local broker.
- Help build and maintain strong business relationships with Stores, Logistics, Operations (Plant), and broker.
- Assist in retrieving NEX PAYMENT, local broker management and training.
- Provide key communication link between Stores, Operations (Plant), Quality, Logistics and local broker.
- Provide weekly analysis of stores, products, logistics opportunities, plant opportunities.
- Possess the ability to make decisions and to think proactively to better serve our customer.
- All other duties as assigned by Field Sales Director, Director of Sales and VP of Sales.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Business intelligence and data analysis software — IBM Cognos Impromptu ; MicroStrategy ; Qlik Tech QlikView ; Tableau
- Customer relationship management CRM software — Oracle Eloqua; Sage SalesLogix; Salesforce software ; Soffront CRM Portal
- Electronic mail software — IBM Notes ; Microsoft Exchange Server ; Microsoft Outlook ; Mozilla Thunderbird
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Microsoft Dynamics ; NetSuite ERP ; Oracle Fusion Applications ; SAP
- Active listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking — talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Persuasion — persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity — the ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Speech Recognition — the ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Written Comprehension — the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- High school diploma required.
- Four-year degree in Business or related field required.
- Emphasis in Sales and/or Marketing preferred.
- Minimum three years experience in consumer packaged goods or sales merchandising.
- One to two years management experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal time in cold working environment (approx.. 37F)
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.