Location: GH Foods Sacramento, CA
Ensures efficient inbound and outbound movement of product. Ensures perishable product is rotated to minimize spoilage of product. Ensures that product is brought to production rooms in a timely manner.
- Maintain inventory of supplies. Rotate stock as required.
- Ensures that all equipment is in safe and operating status. Ensures that any issues are addressed and corrected in a timely manner.
- Complete paperwork as necessary and in a timely manner.
- Supervise and ensure that warehouse is cleaned on a regular basis including waste disposal as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Plant Manager or Warehouse Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Data base user interface and query software — Data entry software ; Oracle
- Electronic mail software — IBM Notes ; Microsoft Outlook
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — SAP
- Inventory management software — Inventory tracking software
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel
- Active listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination — adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Speaking — talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Time Management — managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Static Strength — the ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Multi-limb Coordination — the ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Trunk Strength — the ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without ‘giving out’ or fatiguing.
- Control Precision — the ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- High School diploma required.
- Previous experience on forklift required.
- Must have a clean driving record.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal time in cold working environment (approx.. 37F)
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness