Location: GH Foods Riverside, CA
Renaissance Food Group is a fresh food company with a mission to create fresh, healthy, good food. Headquartered in Rancho Cordova, CA with four company-owned fresh food facilities located in Sacramento and Riverside, CA; Houston, TX; and Green Cove Springs, FL, we proudly handcraft our Garden Highway branded products on a made-to-order production model. At Renaissance Food Group, we pride ourselves on employee retention by investing in our team members through opportunities for advancement and individual growth. We believe the key to our recipe for success lies within our people, and strive to empower passionate individuals who share the same sense of family, dedication, and pride.
The Human Resources Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters, such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview, and select applicants.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Prepare personnel forecast to project employment needs.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion, and employee benefits.
- Investigate and report on industrial accidents for insurance carriers.
- Administer compensation, benefits, and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s personnel policies and practices.
- Plan, organize, direct, control, or coordinate the personnel, training, or labor relations activities of an organization.
- Allocate human resources, ensuring appropriate matches between personnel.
- Oversee the evaluation, classification, and rating of occupations and job positions.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development, language training, and health and safety programs.
- Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Prepare and follow budgets for personnel operations.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- Develop, administer, and evaluate applicant tests.
- Develop or administer special projects in areas such as pay equity and employee awards.
This position manages all employees of the department (HR, Safety, and Payroll) and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Law and Government — Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Education and Training — Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Psychology — Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Accounting software — Accountants World Payroll Relief; Intuit QuickBooks ; New World Systems Logos.NET; Sage 50 Accounting
- Document management software — Atlas Business Solutions Staff Files; Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS; PDF readers; WinOcular
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software— Kronos Enterprise Workforce Management; Microsoft Dynamics GP; Oracle PeopleSoft; SAP
- Human resources software — ADP Workforce Now ; Halogen ePraisal; Human resource management software HRMS ; Oracle Taleo
- Time accounting software — ADP ezLaborManager; Kronos Workforce Timekeeper; Soft Trac Microix Timesheet; Stromberg Enterprise
- Active listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Speaking — talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension — the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Deductive Reasoning — the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Speech Clarity — the ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Minimum 5 years’ Human Resources experience
- Five Years’ Experience in a manufacturing facility with high volume recruiting.
- PHR certification preferred.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal time in cold working environment (approx.. 37F)
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.
Note to Recruiters and Third Party Placement Agencies:
Renaissance Food Group will not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any RFG employee. RFG will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of RFG and will be processed accordingly.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.