Location: GH Foods Riverside, CA
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares machine for start of production and oversees daily operation in compliance with safe operating procedures.
• Monitors product flow, production speeds, and machine settings.
• Applies and follows all company safety policies including lockout, tag out, and other OSHA regulations.
• Maintains a sanitary work environment.
• Adheres to all good manufacturing practices and food safety policies including the company’s CCP’s.
• Identifies any foreign objects that may break the machine or put the product at risk.
• Identifies and reports any broken parts on the machine such as blades.
• Turns off the main power source at the end of the day or when the machine is not in use in compliance with safe operating procedures.
• Responsible for paying special attention to abnormal sounds or appearances coming from the machine and taking proper action.
• Performs proper blade checks on the machine every two hours throughout the work day and takes proper action.
• Works closely with the maintenance team in order to identify and repair machines as needed.
• Assists with other tasks pertaining to production as needed.
GK Dicer Bag Sealer
OSSID Tray Wrapper
Spin Dryer Heat Tunnel
E-Tran Slicer Conveyor Belts
7 Chef Box Erectors
ABL Melon Peeler Fruit and Vegetable Washers
ABL Melon Peeler Reyco
OSSID Tray Wrapper Cardboard Baler
TS Apple Slicer Compactor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
This job does not have direct supervision over any positions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Oral Communication – Speaks and understands so as to follow directions and get clarification; Responds well to questions.
• Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information.
• Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization’s goals and values.
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Adaptability – Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Works a schedule to ensure that warehouse goals and responsibilities are executed. Follows company procedures when absent.
• Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE LEVEL, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
• High School diploma required.
• Less than one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Oral communication skills
• Ability to work at a rapid pace
• People skills
• Ability to perform tasks requiring heavy repetitive motion and ergonomics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; and extreme cold (non-weather).
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• The temperature in the work environment is consistently at 37 degrees
FOOD SAFETY & FOOD SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
• Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.
To apply, please complete the form below.