Location: GH Foods Sacramento, CA
This position will manage the mechanic staff and ensure all goals and procedures of the company are maintained. Responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of machinery and fixtures for the entire facility. Will require assistance on the floor as necessary to ensure smooth production flow at all times. Maintenance will be done in preventative and repair format as well as new equipment installations or modifications. Must have working knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory compliance as well as Experience with Ammonia Systems.
Persons in this position will perform their duties in compliance with company rules including but not limited to rules regarding; Lock Out/Tag Out, Confined Space, Chemical Handling, Tool Usage, PPE, etc.
· Ensure all company maintenance goals and procedures are adhered to
· Develop and maintain preventative maintenance schedule for company equipment.
· Ensure all work is performed in accordance to company safety policies.
· Ensure all work is performed in accordance to company HACCP and food safety rules.
· Record Keeping of maintenance functions.
· Facilitate plant safety through training and meetings
· Plant maintenance staff meet company training requirements
· Develop and maintain budget plan for maintenance department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
· Building and Construction — Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
· Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
· Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
· English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
· Computer aided design CAD software Hot technology — Autodesk AutoCAD; Computer aided design and drafting software CADD; PTC Creo Parametric
· Data base user interface and query software — Data entry software; Yardi
· Electronic mail software — IBM Notes; Microsoft Exchange Server ; Microsoft Outlook
· Project management software — Microsoft Project; Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
· Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel
· Equipment Maintenance — Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
· Repairing — Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
· Troubleshooting — Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
· Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Equipment Selection — Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
· Arm-Hand Steadiness — The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
· Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
· Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
· Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
· Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
• High School diploma required.
• Previous experience in equipment repair or maintenance.
· Supervise maintenance staff of 7 employees
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal time in cold working environment (approx.. 37F)
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
· Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
· Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.
Note to Recruiters and Third Party Placement Agencies:
Renaissance Food Group will not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any RFG employee. RFG will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of RFG and will be processed accordingly.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please complete the form below.