Location: GH Foods Green Cove Springs, FL
Responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of machinery and fixtures within the plant. Maintenance will be done in both a preventative and repair format. Persons in this position will perform their duties in compliance with company rules including but not limited to rules regarding; Lock Out/Tag Out, Confined Space, Chemical Handling, Tool Usage, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), etc.
- Safely repair equipment back to satisfactory performance.
- Perform and record preventative maintenance. This is done on Daily, Weekly & Monthly schedules.
- Complete paperwork as necessary and in a timely manner.
- Change blades on cutting machines as necessary
- Use of lift-trucks when necessary.
- Interact with plant personnel and customer staff as necessary.
- Respond to questions and concerns of machine operators.
- Ensure work is done within company policy regarding food safety.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Building and Construction — Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Computer aided design CAD software — Autodesk AutoCAD ; Computer aided design and drafting software CADD; Dassault Systemes CATIA ; PTC Creo Parametric
- Data base user interface and query software — Data entry software ; Yardi
- Electronic mail software — IBM Notes ; Microsoft Exchange Server ; Microsoft Outlook
- Equipment Maintenance — performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Repairing — Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Troubleshooting — determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Equipment Selection — determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness — the ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Near Vision — the ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Information ordering — the ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Problem Sensitivity — the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- High School diploma required.
- Previous experience (2 years) in equipment repair or maintenance is preferred.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal time in cold working environment (approx.. 37F)
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.