Location: GH Foods Riverside, CA
This position will manage the mechanic staff and ensure all goals and procedures of the company are maintained. Responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of machinery and fixtures for the entire facility. Will require assistance on the floor as necessary to ensure smooth production flow at all times. Maintenance will be done in preventative and repair format as well as new equipment installations or modifications. Must have working knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory compliance as well as Experience with Ammonia Systems.
Persons in this position will perform their duties in compliance with company rules including but not limited to rules regarding; Lock Out/Tag Out, Confined Space, Chemical Handling, Tool Usage, PPE, etc.
- Ensure all company maintenance goals and procedures are adhered to
- Develop and maintain preventative maintenance schedule for company equipment.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance to company safety policies.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance to company HACCP and food safety rules.
- Record Keeping of maintenance functions.
- Facilitate plant safety through training and meetings
- Plant maintenance staff meet company training requirements
- Develop and maintain budget plan for maintenance department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Data base user interface and query software — Microsoft Access ; Recordkeeping software; Vehicle management software; Yardi
- Electronic mail software — Email software; IBM Notes; Microsoft Outlook
- Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination — adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Speaking — talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension — the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Deductive Reasoning — the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Inductive Reasoning — the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- High School diploma required.
- Previous experience in equipment repair or maintenance.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal time in cold working environment (approx.. 37F)
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.