Location: GH Foods Sacramento, CA
The position of Operations Coordinator is located at the GHCA plant (Sacramento) and will primarily support the Operations Manager and Assistant Operations Manager. The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for organizing projects, creating reports, and working with department managers, supervisors, and leads. This position will support activities in both plants at the Sacramento, GHCA location.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides timely and accurate analysis on plant performance
· Provides accurate information for departmental measures that enable plant management team to track and measure performance
· Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
· Actively participates on assigned teams or projects
· Oversees day to day support operations of the facility. Orders supplies, schedules maintenance of equipment and computers, and maintains meeting schedules.
· Keeps record of production meetings and provides narratives following the meetings
· Acts as liaison between plant team and operations team
· Participates in efforts to improve capabilities, process improvement and projects
· Other duties as assigned by management
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Oral Communication – Speaks and understands so as to follow directions and get clarification; Responds well to questions.
· Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information.
· Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization’s goals and values.
· Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
· Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner.
· Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
· Adaptability – Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Works a schedule to ensure that facility goals are met. Follows company procedures when absent.
· Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE LEVEL, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
· Bachelor’s degree in food science or related field is preferred.
· Experience working in a food processing facility is preferred.
· 1-3 years of experience performing coordinator level responsibilities is required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to organize strategies and trends to communicate with others by various means including; verbal and electronic presentations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Excellent analytical skills and the ability to maintain adequate inventories while maintaining in-stock conditions at store level.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
· Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
· Ability to read computer generated reports.
· Ability to use Microsoft or other operating systems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and stand; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The job is performed in a traditional office environment.
· Wear personal protective equipment (hair net, smock, and non-slip water resistant footwear).
· Work in cold and wet working environment (approx. 34 degrees) –warm clothing is advised (heavy socks, pants, jacket, head covering, etc.).
· Physical hazards of working in and about moving machinery.
· Must be cognizant of body and limbs so as to not be too close to machinery.
FOOD SAFETY & FOOD SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
· Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
· Reporting any unauthorized persons in or about the facility as well as incidents of employee tampering to management.
· Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.
· Comply with all food labeling requirements as determined by specific job within company.
· Verify and record identity of all visitors into the facility.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please complete the form below.