Location: GH Foods Houston, TX
Responsible for performing proper sanitation procedures of the floors and all food contact equipment and surfaces during production hours by performing the following duties.
- Maintains the floors clear of debris during production hours using squeegees, shovels, hoses, trash buckets, and dollies while using company standard personal protective equipment.
- Thoroughly cleans tables, utensils, and other equipment adhering to the company’s food safety policies.
- Thoroughly understands and applies mid-shift/allergen SSOP procedures.
- Maintains a sanitary work environment.
- Understands and properly applies the company’s equipment color code procedure.
- Applies proper use of chemicals and maintains safe and compliant chemical handling.
- Adheres to all good manufacturing practices and food safety policies, including the company’s CCP’s.
- Adheres to the company’s safety policies.
- Assists with other tasks pertaining to production.
- Trash Buckets
- Personal Protective Equipment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Office suite software — Microsoft Office
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel
- Word processing software — Microsoft Word
- Active listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Near Vision — the ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Static Strength — the ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Trunk Strength — the ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without ‘giving out’ or fatiguing.
- Extent Flexibility — the ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- High School diploma required.
- Less than one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal time in cold working environment (approx.. 37F)
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.