Procurement Director–Western Region
Location: RFG Corporate Rancho Cordova, CA
The role of the Western Regional Procurement Director is to work with the Sourcing Team to develop activities and manage regional and national fruit and vegetable raw product programs. These will be accomplished by executing integrated supply chain management and demand management within and across company manufacturing locations. This position will drive sustainable supply chain practices through effective supplier management and raw product procurement, focused upon reducing costs, improving quality, and delivering optimal service for customers.
- Position reports to the VP of Procurement, supports devolvement of regional and national raw product programs
- Manage buyers within our western region plant locations with program roll outs and day to day procurement activities.
- Develop relationships with national and regional raw product suppliers.
- Manage RFP process on raw product for the best pricing, quality and service.
- Monitor and report to the plants on market conditions impacting supply, cost and yields.
- Train and educate plant buyers continually regarding programs, markets and all related raw product information.
- Assess current yield on product by vendor by raw product by plant
- Create vender scorecard and conduct quarterly/annually business reviews with our supplier partners to review current any issues and concerns and establish expectations.
9: Develop strong working relations with key staff at production facility
10: Coordinate Logistics opportunities to insure efficiencies in transportation of product into plants.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Transportation — Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Microsoft Dynamics ; Oracle Hyperion ; Oracle PeopleSoft ; SAP
- Office suite software — Microsoft Office
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint Procurement software — Purchasing software
- Project management software — Microsoft Project ; Microsoft SharePoint Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel
- Active listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination — adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension — the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Deductive Reasoning — the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Problem Sensitivity — the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- 5-8 Years minimum of Produce Procurement Experience
- Previous experience in medium scale food production is preferred.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal time in cold working environment (approx.. 37F)
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.