Product Development Assistant
Location: RFG Corporate Remote
The Product Development (PD) Assistant is responsible for fulfilling on-going daily and weekly sample requests for RFG and GH clients. This position is involved in coordinating and assisting with production of specific product lines for Renaissance Food Group/Garden Highway from concept to completion. Additional responsibilities include working hands-on in the kitchen, coordinating recipe development work, processing sample requests, and working closely with PD Kitchen Manager, PD Specialist, and PD team. This position will need strong communication skills to interface with plant management, PD Kitchen Manager and PD Team Members to assist with fulfilling PD and plant’s daily sample requests.
- Fulfilling on-going daily and weekly sample requests for the Company, while operating under the Quality Assurance safety guidelines of the different Manufacturing facilities and/or culinary kitchen.
- Filling out lot numbers accurately when pulling product from the plant.
- Ongoing monitoring and reordering of inventory levels.
- Follow detailed directions on specific recipes, assembly steps, specific cuts, packaging, proofreading labels and packaging instructions.
- Continuous interface with Plant Management, PD Kitchen Manager and PD Sample Manager; interactive team player.
- Plans and organizes self and others effectively; attention to detail.
- Works effectively under pressure and on several project tasks simultaneously and responding positively to tasks (effective multi-tasking).
- Daily monitoring of business projects and sample request
- Attend daily/weekly meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned by Product Development Kitchen Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Food Production — Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing, and harvesting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance preferred.
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic.
- Office suite software — Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Cloud-based systems
- Clear, concise, verbal and written communication with team members.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify potential issues/problems, and solve them.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Bi-lingual speaking skills preferred.
- Information ordering — the ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Near Vision — the ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Problem Sensitivity — the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness — the ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- High School Diploma required; college experience beneficial.
- Experience in culinary field or restaurant setting preferred.
- Knife, kitchen, cooking and culinary experience required
Occasional overnight travel required for off-site meetings, demonstrations or trade shows. Must maintain a license to operate a motor vehicle (Class C). Must have own reliable transportation and be willing to travel back and forth from plant to corporate office, as randomly needed.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work in cold environment (approx. 37F); cold work clothes/gear required.
Ability to work a varying schedule of no less than 30 hours per week.
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.