Location: GH Foods Houston, TX
Renaissance Food Group is a fresh food company with a mission to create fresh, healthy, good food. Headquartered in Rancho Cordova, CA with four company-owned fresh food facilities located in Sacramento and Riverside, CA; Houston, TX; and Green Cove Springs, FL, we proudly handcraft our Garden Highway branded products on a made-to-order production model. At Renaissance Food Group, we pride ourselves on employee retention by investing in our team members through opportunities for advancement and individual growth. We believe the key to our recipe for success lies within our people, and strive to empower passionate individuals who share the same sense of family, dedication, and pride.
The Production Lead will work with the Operations Manager to ensure efficient and accurate label production. This position also provides organizational support and is responsible for a variety of other tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager. In addition, the Production Control Lead will print labels as well as anticipate and address issues within the office including operational, scheduling and mechanical.
- Ensure efficient label production according to company policy.
- Schedule Production Control personnel to ensure labels are printed when needed.
- Assist and print labels to meet production goals
- Assist in monitoring of inventory levels
- Report any mechanical problems with computers or printers
- Maintain Office Files & Spreadsheets
- Write Memos, Letters and documents as necessary
- Data Entry
- Clerical Support to Office Managers
- Perform other duties as assigned by Plant Manager or Office Managers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Data base user interface and query software — Data entry software ; Database software; Microsoft Access ; Microsoft Total Quality Control Management
- Electronic mail software — Email software; IBM Notes; Microsoft Outlook
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Epicor Vantage ERP; Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne ; SAP ; Technology Group International Enterprise 21 ERP
- Internet browser software — Apple Safari; Google Chrome; Microsoft Internet Explorer; Mozilla Firefox
- Project management software — HCSS HeavyJob; Microsoft Project Hot technology ; Microsoft SharePoint Hot technology ; Total quality management TQM software
- Active listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking — talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Coordination — adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Deductive Reasoning — the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity — the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Written Comprehension — the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- High School diploma required.
- Previous experience in writing and recording technical data is preferred.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal time in cold working environment (approx.. 37F)
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.
Note to Recruiters and Third Party Placement Agencies:
Renaissance Food Group will not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any RFG employee. RFG will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of RFG and will be processed accordingly.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.