Location: GH Foods Sacramento, CA
Provides direction and management of production operations. Ensures compliance with company procedures and product specifications. Ensures use of machinery, chemicals and tools are used in accordance with company policies. Ensures that production is documented and recorded.
- Maintain inventory of raw product and packaging to meet production needs. Rotate stock as required.
- Ensures that all equipment is in safe and operating status. Ensures that any issues are addressed and corrected in a timely manner.
- Schedule staff based on production demand.
- Work with Plant Manager to ensure that production goals are met, including efficiency, hours, costs and safety.
- Supervise production crews and perform evaluations as necessary.
- Conduct disciplinary action as needed
- Ensure that department is completing paperwork as necessary and in a timely manner.
- Supervise and ensure that product is ready for scheduled deliveries.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Plant Manager
- Any problems or issues reported to Plant Manager. Issues related to food safety reported to QA Manager as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Data base user interface and query software — Data entry software; Database software; Microsoft Access ; Microsoft Total Quality Control Management
- Electronic mail software — Email software; IBM Notes; Microsoft Outlook
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne; Retain Resource Planning; SAP; Technology Group International Enterprise 21 ERP
- Internet browser software — Apple Safari; Google Chrome; Microsoft Internet Explorer; Mozilla Firefox
- Time accounting software — Kronos Workforce Timekeeper; Timekeeping software; Work Technology WorkTech Time
- Active listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking — talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Coordination — adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Deductive Reasoning — the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity — the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Written Comprehension — the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- High School diploma required.
- Previous experience in medium scale food production is preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal time in cold working environment (approx.. 37F)
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility:
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.