Location: GH Foods Houston, TX
The Production Control will provide work with the Operations Manager and Productions Managers to ensure efficient and accurate label production. In addition, the Production Control will print labels as well as assist in addressing issues within the office including operational, scheduling and mechanical.
- Ensure efficient label production according to company policy.
- Assist and print labels to meet production goals
- Assist in monitoring of inventory levels
- Report any mechanical problems with computers or printers
- Maintain office files & spreadsheets
- Write memos, letters and documents as necessary
- Data entry (i.e. lot code, code date, country of origin)
- Clerical support to office Managers
- Perform other duties as assigned by Plant Manager or Office Managers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Accounting software — Fund accounting software ; Intuit QuickBooks ; Sage Peachtree Premium Accounting for Manufacturing
- Analytical or scientific software — KAPES; Micro Estimating FabPlan; MTI Systems Costimator JS
- Data base user interface and query software — Data entry software ; FileMaker Pro; Microsoft Access; Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Oracle PeopleSoft ; QAD MFG/PRO; Sage MAS 90; SAP
- Materials requirements planning logistics and supply chain software — Bill of lading software; Oracle Flow Manufacturing; Stratford Group INMASS/MRP; Waterloo Hydrogeologic TACTIC
- Active listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking — talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Time Management — managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension — the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Problem Sensitivity — the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Near Vision — the ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- High School diploma required.
- Previous experience in writing and recording technical data is preferred.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal time in cold working environment (approx.. 37F)
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.