Location: GH Foods Riverside, CA
The Purchasing Assistant will provide office and staff support to the purchasing department. This position provides organizational support and is responsible for a variety of other tasks. This is accomplished by maintaining files and other clerical support to purchasing office managers.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Review/Validate purchase orders
- Communicate with vendors.
- Maintain raw product and packaging specifications are up to date.
- Maintain and review vender approval files to ensure documents are up to date.
- Organize and file regulatory documents including but not limited to; IFTA, DVIR, and Driver Logs.
- Enter and close POs in company systems.
- Assist or perform daily inventory on packaging, label and ingredient products.
- Maintain various inventory and costing spreadsheets used in the department.
- Perform some replenishment orders as necessary and directed by buyers.
- Fills in when necessary for buying staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Operations management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
This job does not have direct supervision over any positions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral Communication – Speaks and understands so as to follow directions and get clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability – Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Works a schedule to ensure that warehouse goals and responsibilities are executed. Follows company procedures when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have some experience and skilled in the use of programs such as MS Word and Excel
- Minimum one year office Purchasing support experience is preferred.
- Some college preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills (oral and written) and the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and working under pressure.
Education/Experience Level, Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- High School diploma required.
- Previous experience in writing and recording technical data is preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to read computer generated reports preferred.
- Ability to use office programs such as Word or Excel.
- Ability to use e-mail.
- Ability to use the internet to obtain instruction manuals and other information needed to perform job tasks.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Other Skills and Abilities:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The job is performed in a traditional office environment. May be inside cold area.(approx. 37F)
- Wear personal protective equipment (hair net, work sleeves, smock, and non-slip water resistant footwear).
- Work in cold and wet working environment (approx. 34 degrees)—warm clothing is advised. (heavy socks, pants, jacket, head covering, etc.).
- Physical hazards of working in and about moving machinery.
- Must be cognizant of body and limbs so as not to be too close to machinery.
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibilities:
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Reporting any unauthorized persons in or about the facility as well as incidents of employee tampering to management.
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.
- Comply with all food labeling requirements as determined by specific job within company.
- Verify and record identity of all visitors into the facility.
Note to Recruiters and Third Party Placement Agencies:
Renaissance Food Group will not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any RFG employee. RFG will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of RFG and will be processed accordingly.