Location: GH Foods Riverside, CA
This position will direct and coordinate the purchasing of produce, ingredients and packaging to meet the needs of the company. This position negotiates rates for product so that competitive pricing can be secured for off-season requirements.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Scheduling and purchasing of raw product materials
- Scheduling and purchasing of packaging materials
- Interact with plant personnel and customer staff as necessary.
- Coordinate and Negotiate with suppliers in the event of product rejections.
- Maintain records on suppliers for compliance with company and inspection requirements.
- Ensure product is assigned lot numbers and documents for traceability requirements
- Ability to represent company in the event of issues or concerns.
This job does have direct supervision over other positions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral Communication – Speaks and understands so as to follow directions and get clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability – Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Works a schedule to ensure that warehouse goals and responsibilities are executed. Follows company procedures when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience Level, Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- High School diploma required.
- Three years purchasing experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to read and apply various policies and rules for company operations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to read computer generated reports preferred.
- Ability to use office programs such as Word or Excel.
- Ability to use e-mail.
- Ability to use the internet to obtain instruction manuals and other information needed to perform job tasks.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- HACCP certification preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional cold working environment (approx. 37F)
- Physical hazards of working in and about moving machinery.
- Must be cognizant of body and limbs so as to not be too close to machinery.
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibilities:
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Reporting any unauthorized persons in or about the facility as well as incidents of employee tampering to management.
- Challenging unauthorized persons; escorting off facility or reporting to proper authorities as deemed necessary. Discipline and/or report to authorities, incidents of employee tampering as necessary.
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.
- Comply with all food labeling requirements as determined by specific job within company.
- Ensure compliance and enforce all food labeling requirements.
- Verify and record identity of all visitors into the facility.
- Ensure compliance with company rules regarding visitors to facility.
- Secure outbound and inbound loads are secured as outlined in company policy.
- Ensure company rules for inbound and outbound shipments are followed.
Note to Recruiters and Third Party Placement Agencies:
Renaissance Food Group will not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any RFG employee. RFG will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of RFG and will be processed accordingly.