Location: GH Foods Green Cove Springs, FL
Responsible for accurate, timely and effective monitoring and documentation of quality and food safety controls and processes.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage time in order to complete checks at the required frequency
- Observe employee activities and production processes for anything that might affect food safety or quality
- Address any non-conformances or other issues affecting food safety or quality immediately and inform QA Manager, placing product on Hold if necessary
- Complete documentation accurately and legibly
- Work with other departments to achieve company goals
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager or Plant Manager
Supervise QC Techs as assigned
- Manage schedules
- Assure complete, accurate and timely work
- Assure compliance to regulatory and company requirements
- Addresses and corrects any issues in a timely manner
- Assists in incident investigations and corrective actions
- Follow company attendance policies
- Train as necessary
- Collaborates with management team on process improvement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each required duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Language and Communication
- Oral Communication – Speaks and understands English so as to follow and give directions and get clarification. Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Able to write, read and interpret written information in English
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness with attention to detail
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel) preferred. Comfortable using a computer tablet to record data.
- Ability to read computer generated reports preferred
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently
- Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Works well with other departments
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner
- Ability to maintain requirements and assert authority over food safety standards
- Adaptability – Manages competing demands. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Follows company procedures when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions and keeps commitments. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ability to work all shifts and days of week, which may vary
Education/Experience Level, Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- High School diploma required
- At least two years of supervisory experience in a food processing environment
- Bi-lingual language skills preferred
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily in a cold working environment (approx. 37F)
- Physical hazards of working in and about moving machinery
- Must be cognizant of body and limbs so as to not be too close to machinery
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibilities
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Reporting any unauthorized persons in or about the facility as well as incidents of employee tampering to management
- Understanding basic concepts of foodborne illness and allergen control
- Comply with all food labeling requirements as determined by specific job within company
- Perform and record all food safety checks as outlined in company documents