Location: GH Foods Riverside, CA
Renaissance Food Group is a fresh food company with a mission to create fresh, healthy, good food. Headquartered in Rancho Cordova, CA with four company-owned fresh food facilities located in Sacramento and Riverside, CA; Houston, TX; and Green Cove Springs, FL, we proudly handcraft our Garden Highway branded products on a made-to-order production model. At Renaissance Food Group, we pride ourselves on employee retention by investing in our team members through opportunities for advancement and individual growth. We believe the key to our recipe for success lies within our people, and strive to empower passionate individuals who share the same sense of family, dedication, and pride.
Ensures that items related to effective quality assurance are recorded to provide proof of effective quality assurance program. This involves filling out 10-20 forms per day. Many forms require checks at specific intervals during the day; such as hourly, ½ hourly, or intermittently.
- Maintain time schedule to perform food safety checks in a timely manner.
- Ensures that any issues are addressed and corrected in a timely manner.
- Complete paperwork as necessary and in a timely manner.
- Report any problems or errors to QC Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Plant Manager or QC Supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Chemistry — Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Analytical or scientific software — Lab Ware LIMS; Minitab; Test automation software; The Math Works MATLAB
- Data base user interface and query software — Data entry software; dBASE; FileMaker Pro; Microsoft Access
- Electronic mail software — IBM Notes; Microsoft Outlook
- Program testing software — Hewlett Packard Load Runner; Microsoft Visual Studio Test Professional; Parasoft SOAtest; Selenium
- Quality Control Analysis — Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Active listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Complex Problem Solving — identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Near Vision — the ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension — the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Deductive Reasoning — the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- High School diploma required.
- Previous experience in writing and recording technical data is preferred
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal time in cold working environment (approx.. 37F)
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.
Note to Recruiters and Third Party Placement Agencies:
Renaissance Food Group will not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any RFG employee. RFG will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of RFG and will be processed accordingly.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.