Location: GH Foods Houston, TX
Renaissance Food Group is a fresh food company with a mission to create fresh, healthy, good food. Headquartered in Rancho Cordova, CA with four company-owned fresh food facilities located in Sacramento and Riverside, CA; Houston, TX; and Green Cove Springs, FL, we proudly handcraft our Garden Highway branded products on a made-to-order production model. At Renaissance Food Group, we pride ourselves on employee retention by investing in our team members through opportunities for advancement and individual growth. We believe the key to our recipe for success lies within our people, and strive to empower passionate individuals who share the same sense of family, dedication, and pride.
Ensures that items related to effective quality assurance are recorded to provide proof of effective quality assurance program. This involves filling out 10-20 forms per day. Many forms require checks at specific intervals during the day; such as hourly, ½ hourly, or intermittently.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain time schedule to perform food safety checks in a timely manner.
• Ensures that any issues are addressed and corrected in a timely manner.
• Complete paperwork as necessary and in a timely manner.
• Report any problems or errors to QC Supervisor in a timely manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Plant Manager or QC Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
This job does not have direct supervision over any positions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Oral Communication – Speaks and understands so as to follow directions and get clarification; Responds well to questions.
• Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information.
• Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization’s goals and values.
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Adaptability – Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Works a schedule to ensure that warehouse goals and responsibilities are executed. Follows company procedures when absent.
• Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School diploma required.
• Previous experience in writing and recording technical data is preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions and concepts. Ability to take concepts and place into written and verbal forms. Ability to write in concise and easy to understand language. Ability to present concepts and instructions in verbal form to all levels of competency.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to interpret events and instructions and carry out actions that are in accordance with company policies.
• Intermediate to Advanced computer skills (word, excel, PowerPoint, access) preferred.
• Ability to create and store documents in various formats. Ability to read computer generated reports preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required for this position
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job is performed in a traditional office environment.
Note to Recruiters and Third Party Placement Agencies:
Renaissance Food Group will not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any RFG employee. RFG will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of RFG and will be processed accordingly.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please complete the form below.