Location: RFG Corporate Rancho Cordova, CA
Renaissance Food Group is a fresh food company with a mission to create fresh, healthy, good food. Headquartered in Rancho Cordova, CA with four company-owned fresh food facilities located in Sacramento and Riverside, CA; Houston, TX; and Green Cove Springs, FL, we proudly handcraft our Garden Highway branded products on a made-to-order production model. At Renaissance Food Group, we pride ourselves on employee retention by investing in our team members through opportunities for advancement and individual growth. We believe the key to our recipe for success lies within our people, and strive to empower passionate individuals who share the same sense of family, dedication, and pride.
The position of Sales Representative primarily supports the activities of Account Manager and VP of Sales.
- Act as customer/sales team Advocate when communicating customer activity with appropriate parties/departments
- Track, communicate, coordinate all account sales activity to appropriate parties/departments (launches, price requests, sample requests, new item requests, account set-up/changes, logistics/order-production-delivery cycles with appropriate parties/departments to ensure account activity is fully communicated and completed
- Coordinate and confirm plant approved sample items and deliveries with Operations and Product Development teams
- Notify all appropriate parties-departments of upcoming new customer and new item launches/discos
- Forecast and communicate to appropriate parties-departments new item(s) and account roll-out launch volume
- Communicate new item requests and provide sales with timely status updates
- Coordinate customer meetings with appropriate parties-departments samples, presentations, price quotes, and special customer requests to ensure meeting requirements are fulfilled
- Coordinate and communicate with required parties/departments to attain and establish individual account activity timelines to meet customer expectations
- Assist Customer Service to resolve any account activity issues or discrepancies
- Manage timely communication to sales team keeping them posted on individual account activity and on-going activity status
- Coordinate production of customer schematics
- Coordinate production of account product and sales sheets
- Manage and communicate promotional calendar with required parties/departments
- Remain updated on RFG innovation items and new product lines
- Coordinate as necessary account field merchandising activity
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Analytical or scientific software — IBM SPSS Statistics ; SAS; Stata Corp Stata
- Customer relationship management CRM software — Action Ware; NetSuite Net CRM; Salesforce software ; Sybase I Anywhere Sales Anywhere
- Data base user interface and query software — Data entry software; FileMaker Pro ; Microsoft Access ; Oracle DBMS
- Electronic mail software — IBM Notes; Microsoft Exchange; Microsoft Outlook
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Microsoft Dynamics ; NetSuite ERP ; Oracle Fusion Applications ; SAP
- Persuasion— persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Speaking— talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active listening— Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Negotiation— bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Social Perceptiveness— Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Oral Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Speech Clarity — the ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Speech Recognition — the ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Written Comprehension — the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- High School diploma required.
- Four-Year Degree in Business or related field required. Emphasis in Sales and/or Marketing preferred.
- Experience in consumer packaged goods Sales preferred.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal time in cold working environment (approx.. 37F)
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.
Note to Recruiters and Third Party Placement Agencies:
Renaissance Food Group will not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any RFG employee. RFG will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of RFG and will be processed accordingly.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.