Location: GH Foods Sacramento, CA
Provides direction and management of sanitation operations. Ensures compliance with company sanitation procedures. Ensures use of machinery lifts, chemicals and tools are used in accordance with company policies. Ensure that sanitation is documented and recorded.
- Supervise staff while using sanitation supplies.
- Maintain inventory of supplies.
- Ensures that all equipment is in safe and in operating status.
- Ensures that any issues are addressed and corrected in a timely manner.
- Work with Sanitation Manager to ensure that sanitation goals are met, including efficiency, hours, costs and safety.
- Supervise crew and help perform evaluations.
- Conduct training and safety meetings as necessary. Conduct disciplinary action as needed
- Ensure that department is completing paperwork as necessary and in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Sanitation Manager
- Bring issues related to food safety to Sanitation Manager and QA Manager as needed.
This job will have supervisory responsibility for up to 30 sanitation employees. Responsibility for efficiency, scheduling and safety of sanitation personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Education and Training — Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Data base user interface and query software — Data entry software ; Facility use software; Microsoft Access
- Electronic mail software — Email software; Microsoft Outlook
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — SAP
- Facilities management software — Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel
- Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking — talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Time Management — managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Oral Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Near Vision — the ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Problem Sensitivity — the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Speech Clarity — the ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- High School diploma required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal time in cold working environment (approx.. 37F)
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.