Training and Onboarding Specialist
Location: GH Foods Sacramento, CA
The Training and Onboarding Specialist supports the Human Resources department by facilitating the onboarding, transfer, and training processes within the GHCA facility. This position also provides administrative and recruitment support to the HR Team. The primary responsibility of the Training and Onboarding Specialist is to work directly with new hires and transfers to create a smooth transition to the GHCA Team, ensure they have the proper training and tools needed to successfully perform their duties, and providing ongoing training to current employees.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Create New Hire orientation content for new employees and transfers.
- Coordinate and facilitate orientations and training classes as needed.
- Streamline and oversee the onboarding and transfer processes.
- Implement and evaluate the effectiveness of onboarding initiatives.
- Ensure all New Hire Orientation content is up to date and presented in a coherent manner.
- Review all new hire paperwork for accuracy and ensure employee packets are complete.
- Perform follow-up tasks with managers/vendors/employees to ensure processes are completed.
- Prepare and track all new hire paperwork including summary form, electronic file, and all required documents, including verifications of initial compliance testing and required acknowledgement forms.
- Enforce dress code and Good Manufacturing Practices (G.M.P.) compliance.
- Perform ongoing maintenance of employee files.
- Assist with special projects.
- Conduct pre-employment verification, backgrounds/drug screenings, employment documentation, and any onboarding activities.
- Review applications for qualified applicants for open positions within the company.
- Monitors new hires transition process to ensure complete documentation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
This position does not have direct supervision responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral Communication – Speaks and understands so as to follow directions and get clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner. Performs duties in an ethical manner. Demonstrates cultural awareness. Provides a high level of customer service.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability – Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Works a schedule to ensure that assigned goals and responsibilities are executed. Follows company procedures when supervision is absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience Level, Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- 1-2 years of human resources experience required; Experience in onboarding or training is preferred.
- Experience presenting information to large groups of people.
- Experience using Alchemy training system preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on training needs.
- Experience working with a human resources information system.
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to perform detail oriented work accurately.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Bi-lingual Spanish is preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to read computer generated reports preferred.
- Ability to use office programs such as Word or Excel.
- Ability to use HRIS programs and Time Keeping Programs.
- Ability to use e-mail.
- Ability to use the internet to obtain instruction manuals and other information needed to perform job tasks.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Other Skills and Abilities:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The job is performed in a traditional office environment.
- Wear personal protective equipment (hair net, smock, and non-slip water resistant footwear).
- Work in cold and wet working environment (approx. 34 degrees) –warm clothing is advised (heavy socks, pants, jacket, head covering, etc.).
- Physical hazards of working in and about moving machinery.
- Must be cognizant of body and limbs so as to not be too close to machinery.
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibilities:
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Reporting any unauthorized persons in or about the facility as well as incidents of employee tampering to management.
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.
- Comply with all food labeling requirements as determined by specific job within company.
- Verify and record identity of all visitors into the facility.
Note to Recruiters and Third Party Placement Agencies:
Renaissance Food Group will not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any RFG employee. RFG will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of RFG and will be processed accordingly.