Location: RFG Corporate Rancho Cordova, CA
This is a staff position within the IT Department responsible for ensuring continuity of computer system services for business users by providing the technical expertise, assistance, and project coordination necessary to install/update computer software products, modify/repair hardware and resolve technical problems.
- Assure continuity of the computer systems for all business users.
- Manage enterprise application user accounts and access rights.
- Manage physical user access to corporate worksite.
- Research and analyze software products and applicability to organizational environment.
- Install, configure and manage computer applications; perform periodic updates, as applicable.
- Maintain Windows Deployment Services (WDS) and base images.
- Install and maintain desktop and laptop hardware and software, including preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair.
- Deploy mobile devices in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain workstation, laptop, tablet and phone asset listings.
- Availability for after-hours and periodic weekend and/or holiday coverage, as needed.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to users, including training, security, backup and data recovery, as needed.
- Recommend changes in software and hardware to improve efficiencies and/or capabilities.
- Assist in implementing practices that will more effectively utilize MIS resources.
- Support IT related projects that may include travel to other business locations.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Active Directory
- Intel and Apple Hardware
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Network connectivity
- Android and iOS Operating Systems
- Active listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking — talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Complex Problem Solving — identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Creative thinker.
- Ability to problem-solve and make recommendations.
- Good time management skills.
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented.
- Associate degree in computer science or equivalent related experience.
- Two or more years’ experience in a user support role.
- Two or more years’ experience in repairing and administering computer hardware and software.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal hazards consistent with a traditional office environment. Occasional travel to remote sites and exposure to cold working environment (approx. 37F)
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.