Location: GH Foods Clackamas, OR
The Warehouse Manager provides direction and management of warehouse operations.
- Ensures efficient inbound and outbound movement of product.
- Ensures perishable product is rotated to minimize spoilage of product and ensures product is brought to production rooms in a timely manner.
- Manage warehousing/storage of all raw product, supplies finished product and other material
- Maintain inventory of supplies, rotate stock as required
- Ensure all equipment is in safe and operating status, ensures any issues are addressed and corrected in a timely manner
- Supervise forklift operators and preform evaluations
- Conduct training and safety meetings as necessary, conduct disciplinary action as needed.
- Preform other duties as assigned by plant manager.
This position shall have supervisory responsibilities over the warehouse personnel. Responsibility for efficiency, scheduling and safety of warehouse personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Transportation — Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Data base user interface and query software — Database software; Microsoft Access ; Microsoft SQL Server
- Electronic mail software — Email software; Microsoft Outlook
- Materials requirements planning logistics and supply chain software —USPS.com
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination — adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking — talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Deductive Reasoning — the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Problem Sensitivity — the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Written Comprehension — the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain management preferred.
- Previous experience on forklift required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal time in cold working environment (approx.. 37F)
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.