Location: GH Foods Houston, TX
Provides direction and management of warehouse forklift operations. Ensures efficient inbound and outbound movement of product. Ensures perishable product is rotated to minimize spoilage of product. Ensures that product is brought to production rooms in a timely manner.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Supervise warehousing/storage of all raw product, supplies, finished product and other material.
- Maintain inventory of supplies. Rotate stock as required.
- Ensures that all equipment is in safe and operating status. Ensures that any issues are addressed and corrected in a timely manner.
- Schedule forklift operators so as to provide efficient coverage and support of production areas.
- Work with Plant Manager to ensure that warehouse goals are met, including efficiency, hours, costs and safety.
- Supervise forklift operators and perform evaluations.
- Conduct training and safety meetings as necessary. Conduct disciplinary action as needed
- Ensure that department is completing paperwork as necessary and in a timely manner.
- Supervise and ensure that warehouse is cleaned on a regular basis including waste disposal as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Plant Manager
- Old product reported to Plant Manager and QA Manager as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
This job will have supervisory responsibility for 5-7 warehouse forklift operators. Responsibility for efficiency, scheduling and safety of warehouse forklift operators.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral Communication – Speaks and understands so as to follow directions and get clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability – Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Works a schedule to ensure that warehouse goals and responsibilities are executed. Follows company procedures when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience Level, Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- High School diploma required.
- Previous experience on forklift required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Bi-lingual language skills preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to read computer generated reports preferred.
- Basic computer skills in Word or Excel.
- Ability to use e-mail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current forklift operators certificate.
Other Skills and Abilities:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional cold working environment (approx. 37F)
- Physical hazards of working in and about moving machinery.
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibilities:
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Reporting any unauthorized persons in or about the facility as well as incidents of employee tampering to management.
- Challenging unauthorized persons; escorting off facility or reporting to proper authorities as deemed necessary. Discipline and/or report to authorities, incidents of employee tampering as necessary.
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.
- Comply with all food labeling requirements as determined by specific job within company.
- Verify and record identity of all visitors into the facility.
- Secure outbound and inbound loads are secured as outlined in company policy.
Note to Recruiters and Third Party Placement Agencies:
Renaissance Food Group will not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any RFG employee. RFG will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of RFG and will be processed accordingly.