Warehouse Supervisor-2nd Shift
Location: GH Foods Houston, TX
Provides direction and management of warehouse forklift operations. Ensures efficient inbound and outbound movement of product. Ensures perishable product is rotated to minimize spoilage of product. Ensures that product is brought to production rooms in a timely manner.
- Supervise warehousing/storage of all raw product, supplies, finished product and other material.
- Maintain inventory of supplies. Rotate stock as required.
- Ensures that all equipment is in safe and operating status. Ensures that any issues are addressed and corrected in a timely manner.
- Schedule forklift operators so as to provide efficient coverage and support of production areas.
- Work with Plant Manager to ensure that warehouse goals are met, including efficiency, hours, costs and safety.
- Supervise forklift operators and perform evaluations.
- Conduct training and safety meetings as necessary. Conduct disciplinary action as needed
- Ensure that department is completing paperwork as necessary and in a timely manner.
- Supervise and ensure that warehouse is cleaned on a regular basis including waste disposal as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Plant Manager
- Old product reported to Plant Manager and QA Manager as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Transportation — Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, statistics, and their applications.
- Analytical or scientific software — Integrated Decision Support Netwise Enterprise; Integrated Decision Support Netwise Frontline; QUALCOMM QTRACS; QUALCOMM ViaWeb
- Electronic mail software — IBM Lotus Notes; IBM Notes ; Microsoft Outlook
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Infor ERP Baan; Microsoft Dynamics GP; Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne ; SAP
- Inventory management software — Aljex Inventory; Iptor Supply Chain; MRA Technologies MRATrack Warehouse Management System; Sentai Pinpoint
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Coordination — adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Speaking — talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Written Comprehension — the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity — the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Speech Recognition — the ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- High School diploma required.
- Previous experience on forklift required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
This job will have supervisory responsibility for 5-7 warehouse forklift operators. Responsibility for efficiency, scheduling and safety of warehouse forklift operators.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal time in cold working environment (approx.. 37F)
Food Safety & Food Security Responsibility
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.